Monday, June 24, 2013

No One in My City Has Swagger Like Me!




Hey there everyone!  Well another week come and gone! What's new right?  Is the time flying by or is it just me?  I still think it's funny that I'm blogging.  Can't say I saw my self doing that while I was here, but I feel it's helped me help other people enjoy in my experiences here in Mozambique.  Don't be thinking that I'll be getting Pinterest, or anything like that! haha  So all of our volunteers have left! It's kinda sad.  Nate and Dr. English left on Thursday, followed by Nancy and Michelle Sunday!  Karen and I will be working on her gender equality project the weeks to come and I will also be helping out with the Health team to keep my time occupied!  We have 2 more volunteers coming the first week in July, so we will be even smaller then, but I'm still loving it here! Every day is a new day!


Haha, this is one of my favourite pictures because of this kids face in the front left, haha I think I love taking pictures most with the kids because they are crazy like me!


My favorite kind of shopping is shopping for this material called "Kapulanas" They are special types of cotton cloth that are imported from India and Nigeria and you can use them to make clothes and other cool things! I like all the really cool designs!


Here was a really cool little house in one of the villages where we were doing a service project! Lots of the houses in the far away rural communities are like this and are very humble circumstances.


Here is Lino our driver!  He drove us around everywhere we needed to go and was the greatest guy to be around!  He was always happy and willing to go the extra mile to take us to wherever we needed to go!


Isn't this little girl sooooooo cute!? She was just giving me all kinds of smiles throughout the day, but was difficult to catch with the camera! haha so I kind of caught her in the middle of one of her smiles!  


 We had the opportunity to help one of the widowed ladies from one of the villages to build her "latrine"---an outhouse that is common to all families.  It was lots of work, but I enjoyed learning how to mix cement, place the blocks and to fill the blocks in with cement!  It was a great project!


Here's another great picture with some of these great kids from one of the villages we were in! They are incredible to be around.  They have so much zest and energy for life!  They remind me of my niece and nephews and how much energy they have!  


Here you have it folks!  I know the higher odds are probably not in my favor for growing a beard, haha but I thought I would give it a try haha! So here is my 5 week progress so far! Don't worry I will shave when I get home....maybe. hehe


When I first laid my eyes on this T-shirt I had to buy it!  It took me like 3 weeks to actually find one, haha but I feel like this shirt describes my funny, sarcastic personality.  I talk like I have "swag" mostly cause it keeps me entertained, but don't worry, I'm not a true gangster, haha.

I hope you are all doing well! I'm grateful to be in such a wonderful place!  It is amazing being here in the most wonderful place---a place which I can truly call as my second home!  

Love you all!

Kevin

4 comments:

  1. KEVIN:
    You definitely have swagger - white boy swagger! We love all the pictures. You are having way too much fun. (which is a great thing.) Brenna couldn't believe that was someone's house. Thanks for posting all the pictures. It's good for my kids. Way to be the awesomest Drew child - haha!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I posted a comment and now it is not there! What the heck is "swagger?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why do all your comments keep disappearing? that's really weird... um swagger is like a form of "cool" in a way, at least that's how i look at it...the actual definition is like "walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant way"...haha

      Delete
  3. Uhhh Kristin, what about me?? Kevin!! You're the bombdid. Seriously. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete