Monday, June 17, 2013

I love fruit, especially fruits of labours

Well, another week has come and gone! Things are starting to wind down and we are heading into our last week before our volunteers leave! Nate and Dr. English leave in only 2 days! Then this sunday Michelle and Nancy will also be leaving! CRAZY! time has been flying by.  Teaching in the communities as been going well.  Our promoters from all the villages have been doing an excellent job with teaching the children how to perform the vocational training tasks.  Our help was only minimally needed this week, which was great to see that most of the communities were able to independently perform the tasks.



Here, Karen and I at a community called Jean Piaget.  These kids were pretty excited to be there learning how to make baskets with Melo, a Care For Life staff member who has the most amazing way of making everyone feel comfortable and happy!  He's the kind of guy that I wish more people could be like because of his outstanding personality.


Hello there, spider.  I was too scared to touch this guy because I figured he was dead cause he wasn't moving much.  So, one of the younger teenage boys just grabbed it with his hands without even hesitating, haha.  Not something I'd feel comfortable doing especially if there was a possibility that it could still be alive!


Here's another picture of Melo and I working with the children from Vila Massane Community.  We had 85 children in total there! Luckily, most of the kids were too young to be learning how to sew backpacks.  That would have been a lot to handle if they were all learning!  Once again, a success at this village!


Haha, this little guy was soooo funny.  He kept calling me "papa".  He would come running up to me and hug me and he kept playing hide and go seek and would not detach himself from me.  It's nice when kids do that.  It's so amazing to see how innocent children really are and that they have a natural love for the people around them and a very forgiving spirit.


This past sunday we visited Manga 2 branch.  I served here for only 4 weeks on my mission but found it to be a great branch!  While we were there they confirmed a girl (probably about my age) named Mariamo.  She was one of my investigators while I served  here as a missionary!  How crazy is that!?  The best part of being here in Mozambique is seeing some of the fruits of my labours.  I didn't really know what to expect when I came back to visit, but I'm glad I did and I'm grateful to see that lots of people I helped have progressed in life.  I'm so grateful I served a mission.  It has blessed and will continue to bless my life!

Love you all, thanks for your support!

Kevin (or as Karen would call me, K-bot)


3 comments:

  1. That picture of you and the little boy made me cry Kevin!
    I'm just so proud of you and the man you are - doing so much good in this world.
    How amazing that you've been able to see some of your efforts in the mission field. I just love reading about what you are all doing. I hope to do that type of work with my family one day.
    Thanks for your amazing example - we love you and miss you, but know that what you are doing is of great worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It helps me feel part of your experience! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be a great Dad someday Kevo.

    ReplyDelete